I find it fascinating and fun to learn about the beauty regimens of other women… I’m always on the look out for quality/affordable products that ladies swear by. So I thought it would be fun to share with you everything I use from lipsticks, face masks and makeup to quick fixes and my go-to products. Here’s the list in no particular order. Oh and please feel free to tell me about any products that you use too! I would love to know your fav’s and try them out!
1. Arbonne Lip Polish in Hazel This stuff is amazing. It’s my everyday go-to for a little lip color. It’s the perfect lip shine without the sticky mess. Plant extracts and peptides leave lips feeling moisturized and smooth.
2. Burberry Lipstick Kisses in Union Red This is the lipstick I wear when I feel like getting fancy. It lasts long and looks velvety. I read somewhere that if you have blonde hair and fair skin, then a cool blue-hued red lipstick will look best on you. If you have darker skin with brown or black hair, red lipstick with warm orange-hues will suit you best.
3. Coconut Oil is so versatile. I use it for oil pulling — swish a spoonful in your mouth every morning for 3 minutes. Then spit it out (in the trash). It’s supposedly good for your gums + skin and helps keep your teeth pearly white. Follow up with brushing. My friend Dany swears by it, so I’ve adopted the practice this past year. So far so good. I also use coconut oil as a hair treatment once a month –> massage a tablespoon of coconut oil into your hair and let sit for 30 min. Wash out with shampoo. And lastly I use this oil as a body moisturizer for my arms, knees etc. basically anywhere I have dry skin. It smells so yummy!
4. Nubian Goats Milk and Chai with Rose Extract all natural and organic lotion. It’s the thickest lotion I’ve ever used…and it’s divine. I can’t wait to get more of it! The smell is out of this world fantastic – creamy, vanilla rose with woodsy spices. Awww I love this stuff. And the fact that it’s all natural makes me love it even more. Nubian has ton’s of different ones too, like Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver, Honey and Blackseed, Coconut & Papaya and Mango Butter etc. I want to buy all of them! It’s so luxurious and affordable, oh yeah!
5. 6. & 7. Lavender oil, Neroli oil (orange oil) and Peppermint oil. My BF Shan and I went to a day spa last year and they had these amazing herbal towels that they kept in a mini fridge. We would spend 20 min the Eucalyptus steam room and then come out and place a cool herbal towel on our face. Ooooh my lordy…this combo of lavender, neroli and peppermint is fabulous! First of all, it smells wonderful and secondly the cooling sensation from the peppermint oil is so relaxing. So I decided to bring my spa experience home…mix 1 cup of water with 1 drop lavender, 3 drops neroli and 1 drop peppermint. Soak a small face towel in the herbal water and then place in the fridge. After you take a hot shower, ring-out the herbal towel and place it on your face/neck and shoulders. Instant spa day!
8. Seche nail polish Hands down the best fast dry top-coat nail polish. Glossy, smooth and easy to paint.
9. Butter London Nail Lacquer Vernis – Tea with the Queen. A Great nail polish brand that is formulated without formaldehyde, toluene, DBP or parabens and it’s safe and gentle on your nails. This color is classic and goes with any outfit. I’m a neutral nail kind of gal 🙂 I usually stick to nude or pink colors…sometimes I’ll get crazy and do a dark red in the fall or winter.
10.Goody elastic hair tie Clear ties for braids and up-dos.
11.Delorme Boar Bristle Brush So no…I don’t own the Mason Pearson Brush — in my dreams, right? But I did get one that is very similar while in Paris. The hub and I found Delorme, a beauty shop on Passage de l’Industrie during a morning walk. I was drooling over the English made Mason Pearson behind the counter and the girl working there pulled out a Delorme Boar Bristle Brush just like it. She said it was basically the same thing and much more reasonably priced. My brush and I have been inseparable ever since. Unfortunately it’s only sold in Paris or you’ll need to speak French and have a beautician’s code to access their online order form, so I found you a similar one here and here.
12.Tangle Teezer Hair Brush I keep this tiny hand brush in my purse. It does a good job + doubles as scalp massager. Mmmm yes.
13. Ojon Damage Reverse Resorative Hair Treatment So I’m not the biggest fan of how this product smells, but who cares because this treatment will work miracles on your hair. Every time I use it, I’ll get compliments on how soft and shiny my hair looks. And plus you only have to smell it for 20 minutes while you let it work its magic and then you wash it out. So worth it! Soft, fluffy, shiny hair!
14. Dr Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid Soap I first was introduced to this soap at the tender age of 10. My best friend and I would go to this far out hippie camp each summer and this soap was used in every bathroom. I originally bought it because the smell reminded me of fun summers, but I’ve become quite attached to it. It’s all natural eco friendly stuff. I personally like the peppermint to use as body soap in the shower. It leaves a cool refreshing feeling on your skin.
15.Nexxus Youth Renewal Elixir A few drops will do ya. I put this in my hair after I shower. The hub loves the smell of it. Honestly I can’t tell a difference if it “renews” my hair, but the smell is fabulous. Worth it.
16. & 17. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay and Apple Cider Vinegar My friend gave me a jar of this a few years ago. Wow this stuff is good. I mix a spoonful or two with a dash of apple cider vinegar and then paint the clay on my face. Leave on until dry and then wash off with a warm wash cloth. I usually do this routine once a week. The next morning my skin feels super smooth. I also us 100% pure Dead Sea clay. I managed to bring home a mason jar of this liquid gold from Israel. If you can get your hands on this stuff, I HIGHLY recommend it. But the Aztec Clay is the next best thing and easier to find.
19. Burt’s Bees Lime Cuticle Cream Love it! I wash my hands a lot and sometimes my cuticles tend to dry out, so this little tin is quite handy 😉
20.Exfoliating Cotton Rounds A staple amung my nightly routine. I use a cotton round and a bit of Bio Oil to take off my makeup.
21.Rose Petal Witch Hazel Witch Hazel can help tighten pores and to smooth skin. Moisturizes and cleanses. I apply it with a cotton round after I’ve washed my face. It feels wonderful and smells amazing!
22.Bio Oil this stuff is a miracle oil! Helps heal scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin and dehydrated skin. I use it every night as my makeup remover. I also use it on my arms when they’re dry.
23. Clarisonic The shizzz. This brush is a must. Pricey but worth it! I’ve seen a visible reduction in my pore size and smoother skin!
24.Cetaphil Face Cleanser I use this along with my Clarisonic. It’s a gentle formula for sensitive skin.
25.Embryolisse Concentrated Lait Cream I bought a tube of this when we were in Paris. It’s a nice light cream. I like to put it on at night before I go to bed and after I wash my face in the morning. A great moiserizer that works well under your daily makeup routine.
26. Kai Body Glow A dry oil mist that smells like gardenias, jasmine and some yummy exotic flowers. Paradise! I love wearing this in the spring/summer or on vacation in the BVI. I REALLY REALLY dig this scent. Every time I wear it, someone will ask me about it + it’s affordable too! ~ $28! Spray away!
27.Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner or Inglot 77 (not pictured) both of these eyeliners are A+ products! The Stila is easy to apply with a inky fine tipped felt pen and the Inglot is a waterproof pot cream that needs to be applied with a fine brush. Both are great and last long, but I personally love the Inglot. It takes a bit more time to apply, but once it’s on it stays on! My friend Camille (and talented makeup artist!) used this on me for a wedding I was in….woooza! This stuff stays on forever!
28. Because every girl needs a good affordable Brush Set.
29. Urban Decay Naked Pallet Eyeshadows. I use this pallet every single day! Sometimes I’ll even use the black shadow as an eyeliner when I don’t have enough time to use the Stila or Inglot. It’s a perfect neutral pallet.
30. M·A·C Studio Face & Body Foundation. I really like these three M.A.C. products (#30, 31 and 32) on my list. I use this face foundation first…it’s water based and the coverage is minimal. It’s basically a great product for evening out your skin tone. My nose a cheeks tend to be more red than the rest of my face so this does a good job of making my color even.
31. M·A·C Studio Sculpt SPF 15. This stuff is heavy duty and WONDERFUL! I wouldn’t recommend using it as an all over foundation, but more as a spot corrector. It’s great for hiding blemishes or tiny red patches. I usually use less than a pea size each day, just to cover any red spots or under my eyes.
32. M·A·C Studio Fix Powder (C3) Lastly I use this powder to set any shiny areas. Ever since I’ve been using these three products (together) I have had a lots of comments on how nice my skin looks. I couldn’t be happier with these 3 products! Good job M.A.C.! It’s sounds like a lot of make up, but it’s not… a small dab/pat of each will do ya!
33.Borghese Artista Exact Match Concealer. A perfect trio pack for taking with you when you’re out and about. I throw this in my purse when I don’t have time for the M.A.C. products above. You can mix and blend the three cream colors to create your exact match. The coverage is great for red spots or under eye circles. It’s a convenient product to carry in your purse and do a quick touch up in the bathroom at work or wherever!
34. Colloidal Silver I use this stuff for everything. It’s a natural antibiotic and antiviral. I use it whenever I feel a bug coming on (sniffles and what not). I also use it on blemishes and cuts and as an anti inflammatory for achey joints. Use with caution and only buy from a reputable source. As always, ask you doctor before using topically and or consuming.
35.Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit So I don’t actually own this one, but my best friend Melissa does! I borrowed it for a wedding we were in and I really liked it! It makes contouring so easy! I don’t do contouring makeup everyday, but this pallet is fabulous for fancy occasions. I think I’ll save up for this and get one soon!
36. Bahama Mama Bronzer This is a great bronzer to brush on under your cheek bones.
37. Shiseido Eyelash Curler A+ curler right here!
38. Full Soft Thick Healthy Waterproof Mascara Great product for those of you who use waterproof mascara…I love swimming in the summer time and I hate worrying about raccoon eyes, so this mascara will be your best friend.
39. L ‘Occitaine Foot Cream I wear sandals almost everyday so my feet get dry. I try to use this cream at least once a week. I’ll rub a dollop on my feet and then cover them with socks while I sleep at night. It the morning my feet are silky smooth! It’s a rich cream with shea butter and lavender oil! Mmmm.
40. Tiger Balm Tiger Balm tins (no bigger than a coat button). I have a white and red balm set that I keep in the car. My nanny kids love to put it on their temples when I pick them up from school. Z says it calms him down. Ha-ha. I just like to use them when I have a headache or stuffy nose. They are awesome.
Bonus Product: Avibon…(not pictured) this vitamin pommade is spectacular. I only have a title left! So sad. It’s hard to find in the states. I bought mine at a pharmacy in Paris. G Paltrow uses it on her skin “Avibon is hard to find outside of France, but it’s one of my very favorites. It’s full of Vitamin A, which is wonderful for the skin, getting rid of blemishes, tough dry spots and preventing wrinkles (they say). I know an older movie star who uses this every night and she has the most amazing skin!” If G uses it, it must be good stuff right? I agree. It’s a tad goopy, but I like using it under my eyes and anywhere that I might develop wrinkles. It’s a vitamin A pommade with other goodies added in. I’ve seen it on Amazon once but they were asking way too much money for it. I think I paid around 10 Euros for it in Paris. I saw it selling for $100 US on Amazon. Crazy. So if you happen to be on vacation or have a friend in France…pick it up!