Dan and I are so excited to finally begin planning the houses! To make a long story short, our 1920’s house was too far gone to fix up. We tried remodeling it, but the house didn’t pass inspection. Bummer huh? So we were left with no choice but to scrape it and start fresh. We have a soil tester coming soon and our plans are getting approved for 2, 4 bedroom houses. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling. Arghhh so many hoops to jump through. In the meantime we are having fun designing the houses and drinking hot toddies in our cozy little rental home. Life is grand.
Goodbye Old House…
- 1 oz of brandy, whiskey or rum (pick your poison)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon and a wedge for later
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tea bag (I like to use Wild Sweet Orange)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 5 cloves
- Coat the bottom of a mug with honey.
- Add the liquor and then lemon juice.
- On the side, heat water in a tea kettle and add the tea bag.
- Pour the steaming tea into the glass and stir.
- Add the lemon wedge, cinnamon stick, star anise and cloves
Picture: Hot Toddy