Daniel and I finally created our magnetic chalkboard frame! Now we can leave each other funny messages, create shopping lists, inspirational quotes of the day or a menu display when we have friends over for dinner. I love it! It was super easy to make and it adds a personal touch to our little dinning area.
What You’ll Need:
1 Vintage Frame
1 Thin piece of metal cut to fit your frame (make sure you pick a metal that is compatible with magnets)
1 can of chalkboard spray paint (I got ours from Home Depot)
1 Set of magnets (I got these — they’re so smooth and pretty!)
Chalk (cute box of colored chalk)
1. Find a frame!
2. Cut your metal sheet to fit your frame
3. Spray your metal sheet with chalkboard spray paint. Let dry for 1 day.
4. Paint the inside back of the frame with contact glue
5. Press your metal sheet into the frame
6. Drill screws (in the back of the frame) at a shallow angle to pinch the metal sheet into place.